Tuesday, June 2, 2009

painted ladies

Did you know that painted ladies is a term used for Victorian and Edwardian houses and buildings that are painted in three or more colors that embellish or enhance their architectural details? I love them.


These are my painted ladies. I painted them on canvas cloth for a project I am working on. I painted two to see which one turns out. I like to make two....then if one bombs...I have the other...hopefully. This time I like them both but the top is my favorite.
Doctor update...now I have asthma. Turn another year older and get a new disease. I will conquer this one too!
Hope your week is going well.




2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Suze! I love the "painted" ladies. I posted a painting using 1 of your napkins we traded recently. Thanks again!

canngil said...

sorry to hear about the asthma, but at least you can treat it now that you know what it is!
lovely ladies!
take care!