Tuesday, June 9, 2009

thinking outside the box

Do you see things for what they are ? Or what they could be? I do the latter. I always see beyond the surface. Take these earrings for instance. I was cruising thru the mall at a pretty fast clip to avoid all the vendors that want to slather you with their miracle creams...when I stumbled across these rather large heart earrings....for a mere dollar. Could I resist? Nope!

...so I took them home...
And I took them apart and sanded them and made them a darker shade using Raisin alcohol ink.
Poked a hole and added some Tim Holtz goodies and a pin back and....

VOILA!
..a funky new pin has emerged...
I
hope
your
Tuesday
is heARTful!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look at things for what they could be, too. The heart pin is so cool. Very creative!

Kim Klassen said...

love the pin.... just started using the tim holtz inks and was playing on some tin today... this was very inspirational! thanks for sharing!

deb musick said...

You are so, so clever! I love that heart pin.....way to go!

Citygirl.em said...

That is really cool...and no, I never really look beyond what something is, unless it's really obvious. I think that is a great trait to have!

This is really sweet. I'd go back and buy up a bunch and restyle them and sell 'em on etsy....yep, that's what I'd do.