Monday, March 15, 2010

a little trip

Thought I would share a bit of my trip back home with you today.



This picture was taken behind the State house in Annapolis. I think the Maryland flag is one of the prettiest state flags. It is the coat of arms of the Calvert and Crossland families and it's the only flag in the US to be based on English heraldry.




...of course I ate a few crabs.


I checked out this cute little beach cottage as a possible retirement house.



I ate some healthy food.




...and some not so healthy.


We ate dinner at this Baltimore diner where Guy taped one of his episodes of Diners, Drive in's and Dives. We love that show.





...and most importantly...
my Grandson and I were able to sew together.
This time was different....
...we didn't have access to a motorized machine.
So I taught him how to hand sew.
He did great!
Every morning before school we would put in some stitching time and then again after school.


It was a great trip!

Have a great Monday!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun! So cool how you are teaching your grandson to sew. :)

LadyTulip said...

Oh ~ ! ~ That little cottage is so adorable!! ~ I'm thinkin' that is definetly THE one for you!! ~ Are you goin' to look into it for real? ~~ An by the way ~ Love the picture of your grandson sewing!! ~ Wish mine would at least try an' look interested in some form of sewing!!

Lauri

suze said...

I did check out the beach cottage and it was perfect for us except the master bedroom was way too small.

Rella said...

Ohhhhhhh, I was hoping to see this up and coming textile artist in one of your posts...fab!!! He is darling.

.....but look at his grandmum...why wouldn't he be??

xox Rella
p.s. who are you hoping wins this season of idol?? My fav's are Big Mike and the gal with the last name of Bowersox??

Anonymous said...

That's me sewing and i had a blast also it was one of my favorite lifetime experiences. p.s. I love you grandmom. Have a green weekend!:)