Tuesday, March 30, 2010

stripping..art style

I bought a large print cookbook at a second hand book store.
On Sunday I went thru it and inked up some pages....
...a lot of them.
Used my alcohol inks.


fun stuff



This one reminded me of when I was a kid and we used to color Easter eggs. The coloring kit came with squares of a tissue like paper with designs like this and you would wrap the paper around the egg and then apply a damp paer towel over it and the design would come off onto the egg.




OK...so then I plopped in front of the tv and ripped the pages into strips.


I covered this can with some of the colored strips and placed the rest of them inside.



It's a colorful mess!
I created a few other things and will show them later this week.




2 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

well it would seem you found a cookbook with some positively delicious recipes :)

Susan said...

What a lovely, colorful piece of art. Very nice.