Friday, June 6, 2008

friday....art day

This weeks choice of canvas? Luggage! My old black suitcase had seen better days and has been retired. While waiting at the airport carousel for my luggage to come around, it's hard not to notice that just about EVERYONE has black luggage. And it get confusing at times, especially when people are in a hurry. Sure I have a brightly colored strip of fabric on mine to distinguish my bag but now so does everybody else. SO.......




I bought a nice green suitcase!

And I painted it and I don't think anyone will pick this up by accident.



......and just to be sure.....I put my name on the back.



Have a great & artful weekend!



6 comments:

tascha said...

That is so cute! I love it!

Heather said...

Hey Suze! Thanks for your visit today, a fellow Okie!!!
Love the luggage idea-- so cute and you cant miss it! I'm going to have to file this idea away for myself :)
Nice to meet you!~
Heather

deb musick said...

I love that luggage! Tomorrow is a garage sale day & I am going to look for a bag that I can paint! Did you use acrylics? What a great idea!

Have a great weekend--we deserve on after the stormy nights!

shrink on the couch said...

what a GREAT idea ! !

I was standing at the luggage carousel my last trip, and myself and this woman next to me grabbed at the same piece of luggage. It turned out to be mine, but when hers came around it was identical. Black with maroon piping. Could have used some of your paint. Is it standard fabric paint?

suze said...

Thanks! I used some fabric paint but mostly acrylic's. I gessoed first, then painted and followed up with a sealer.

jo said...

I came upon your blog after reading your comment on Ros and just had to say how cute that suitcase is! Two years ago when my Mum was leaving on her European adventure we stamped all over her suitcase to make it easily identifiable, and it really works! I look forward to reading more of your blog.
Jo in Australia