Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dallas trip

This is the view of the lobby from the floor our room was on. At around 12:30 AM Friday night we were in a deep sleep and a blaring alarm went off and told us to evacuate and not use the elevators. We were on the 7th floor. It turned out to be a false fire alarm. But we were under a tornado watch and that was the first thing I thought of when I woke up.


"veggies on parade"
We found a wonderful store called Central Market. And they carried my favorite brand of pretzels and potato chips that are from the East coast and we cannot find in OK. Yippee!

These colorful veggies reminded me of an artist's palette. The whole store had a very European feel to it. That is my big beef with Oklahoma...the grocery stores. They don't have good ones. Everyone here gets their groceries at Walmart.


"It's all fun and games until someone loses a claw"



.....a night view ....


....and the view from our room....



....and that's all for now.








3 comments:

Susan said...

What a great trip. I'm with you, I love a good grocery store. "until somebody loses a claw"...is hilarious. Great pictures, wow, I bet that evacuation alarm was frightening. Yikes. Take care, Susan.

deb musick said...

I love Central Market! And I want HEB in Oklahoma. Walmart groceries are awful! The produce is usually fair & not something you ever want to photograph! Sounds like a great Mother's Day trip.

Everwild said...

Orange and purple cauliflower? I've never seen either at Kroger or Food Lion. :/ They'd certainly make steamed veggies funner at supper time!