Wednesday, September 17, 2008

project blogway

It's time. Did you do it? The challenge I told you about last weekend? I did. But let me say that I didn't have the time I needed to really do it well but I wanted to participate so I made a paper collar.


I used newspaper and magazine pages to make the white collar part. I glued pages together then free motion stitched them around the edges. Then topped it off with a paper rose made from dictionary pages. I used different shades of pink (and greens for the leaves) stamp pad and alcohol inks to color the pages before cutting and tearing them into the shapes I needed to make the petals and leaves.


a closer look
It was a fun project. Thanks to Lisa at A Whimsical Bohemian.



Now about that teacher bag. Here it is. It was made for an elementary school teacher that teaches first grade.

Her favorite flower is the sunflower.


...closer look

The inside pockets are...of course and apple or two for the teacher and some practice writing. The inside is lined with a chalkboard print.




Have a superior Wednesday!


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your paper flower. it is really very lovely and so clever! I want to know how to make one ;)

And, your bag for the teacher, she will love it for sure!!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

You must show how you made that flower.......it's so lovely - the whole collar is just lovely!!
Thank you so much for being a part of this Suze!
XO

Unknown said...

I love the rose paper flower. Such a beautiful neck collar. Karen

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Suze,
I love anything paper and folding, creating.. This is gorgeous, simple and surprising! Love it..

I also think the teachers tote bag is groovy. :)
Peace, Kai

gma said...

Lovely paper rose collar.
Quite inspiring!!
:-)

suesueb said...

love your paper rose collar and your model is having so much fun wearing it!!!

LW said...

I love, really love your paper flower....
what a pretty look...

cute teacher's bag....

Louise

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Both projects are just very very wonderful.
xo

Anonymous said...

What a great model you have - her smile and or laughter has made my day. Your rose is beautiful!!! Your blog is wonderful, and your banner is just fantastic. Thank you for lovely comment on my Blogway Project. Have a grand day.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely paper rose collar!

The teacher bag is very cute too.

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful paper Flower collar!
Sandra Evertson

Our Hands For Hope said...

Love the collar piece and love the maniquin head! She's wonderful.
Thank you for joining in. This was such a fun group to show with!
Blessings,
Terisa

turquoise cro said...

I didn't have that much time either but it SURE was FUN!!! i love YOUR PAPER FLOWER!! and I might just have to make my gal a teacher's bag! She teaches pre-K this year 9 hours away in SC!!! I sure do LOVE yours!

Anonymous said...

I would wear that collar. It is beautiful and so clever.
Love the teacher bag.

deb musick said...

I want to make a rose like that--it is wonderful. And the teacher bag--you are amazing. Thank you for sharing! Watch for surprises....be ready!

Anonymous said...

I can imagine a whole dress with those lovely paper roses! The purse is great too! It was fun to do the Project! Happy Blogway!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic rose! I like that you are thinking outside the box when it comes to his project!
~Christine

Anonymous said...

I love the teacher bag with the Fun with Dick and Jane quotes! She must have fainted with joy!

Rella said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the paper flower. I must try it soon. You always inspire me pink crayon girl!!

xo Rella

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Can you offer a tutorial or how to for us, it s really really lovely and so classy and chic!
nice to meet you ;-)

LadyTulip said...

>>Love this Project!! <<

Have recently discovered your blog, and quite enjoy it!! And WHERE did you get that fabu manniquin?? I'd fall all over myself if I could find something like it!!

Great work on your flower!!

L.