Tuesday, September 9, 2008

theatre arts

It's so sad...RENT closed on Broadway on Sunday
Yes, I admit I am a Renthead and I have turned my family into Rentheads and I have seen it numerous times and places but I didn't make it to Broadway. DH said we would go before it closed but things get busy and times slips away and now it is gone. But on the bright side the original Mark and Roger are starting a tour in January 2009. It will come to Dallas in May and if we are still here in OK, we will be there.
Another bright side! They taped the final show and it will be showing in movie theaters starting September 24th...how cool is that?!
Jonathan Larson...gone too soon.


2 comments:

deb musick said...

I love Rent also & did see it twice on Broadway. Destan Owens, who played Tom Collins for around 5 years, is a dear friend and a graduate of Oklahoma City University. His mother lives here and he visits often. I am also sad when these shows close--but the tour will be wonderful.

Sandy..... said...

I saw rent a very long time ago, and when I had read your blog last week.... I thought....Hmmm...
I rented it this weekend again...and now I'm going to have to buy it! I don't know what the difference was from the first time to this time, but I cried, I laughed, I cried, I sang, and then I think I cried.
I loved it! Thanks for your post!