Friday, January 23, 2009

favorite artist

Today's art journal prompt is to choose a favorite artist and dedicate the page to them.


I have many-many favorite artist's but I thought it would be fun to pick Suzi Blu and make a page with art like hers. She makes the best whimsical girls. So Suzi...here's to you!

I know I am supposed to write on these pages but sometimes I just cheat and use a stamp that looks like I wrote in it. Sometimes there isn't any room left or the page just looks better without it...or maybe I will come back later when I have something I want to write about.
These journals aren't set in stone, right? It's your journal and you can do what ever you wnat.




Have a weekend filled with whatever makes you happy!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Something I often write in the beginning pages of my journals...
"This book will hold my thoughts~wishes~dreams...I will only put things in this book that are important to me...Not you"

Susan said...

You certainly caught the spirit of the artist in this one. As always, it is lovely. Take care. Susan

Anonymous said...

Suzi is one of my fav's also! Where did you find the scissor stamp?

suze said...

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. jerseyjej I made the scissor stamp. I carved it from one of those Speedball pads you get at the craft store.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Now, I'm no artist (though I did play one on TV), but isn't the whole idea to do exactly what you're not supposed to do? You know, coloring outside the lines and all that? White lace racing stripes on a Rambler station wagon...

Keep it up!

I think some guy named Moses had a journal set in stone...can't be quite sure though...

Zorana said...

This is great! I thought it was Suzi's girl!