Tuesday, October 7, 2008

a day late

I am a day late here. Had labs to do yesterday. Fasting and all that and I ended up just running around all day. I just got home in time to whip up dinner and that was my day in a nutshell.



Some of you asked if I found any treasures at the Vintage flea market on Saturday. Books! Old books, school books, music books and books with French and German print. Great ephemera!




I found quite a few of this ladys books.
She had some shorthand books with the squiggly writing.


a very old book from the U.S. Army



But what did I really fall in love with?



THIS!!!

Isn't it a great old rusty pedal car?! It spoke to me. I love old pedal cars. I thought ...what a great planter this would be...on the front porch. DH looked at me with that look. I don't know...the look like I had two heads or something. But it's OK. At $325.00 it was NO bargain and I walked on.....


Have a good Tuesday. I have to go take the Mustang for an oil change and other fun stuff....not!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool finds!! It makes me want to go shopping...oh, wait; I always want to do that. tee hee!!

Rella said...

How fun!! If you scan the squiggly lines, I may be able to translate them....yup.

xo Rella

LadyTulip said...

Look at what you found!!

And that pedal car is jus' too much!! Ok, so it WAZ a little steep-lee priced.

All this makes me want to find a flea market near me!! I'm on the HUNT!!

L.

suze said...

I forgot to mention that I got those books for one dollar a piece!