Tuesday, October 14, 2008

weekend update

We went to the theater this past weekend to see the Pajama Game. We sat ten rows back and it was excellent. Next on the play list is two weeks from now and one of my favorite Rodgers & Hammerstein productions....Carousel. And it is staring Shirley Jones and her son Patrick Cassidy. I love Shirley Jones and I think this was her very first play or movie. I think she was 17. Or maybe it was Oklahoma...not sure.

Out to lunch today with the bowling girls then back to the studio for some work.


think pink!!


3 comments:

Joelle Dolce Bebe said...

WOW! I would have loved to seen that! wonderful!
& to see carousel w/ shirley jones!and her son. another WOW! Soooo fun & such memories!
Enjoy it all!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your work! "Bella" is beautiful. LOVE the girls on the left side & all their work too!!!
Best Wishes ~
Joelle XO

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Shirley Jones?!?

Laurie Partridge's mom? Wow, I did not think she was still performing. Good for her!

Yes, I think I remember hearing that she pretty much started her career right out of high school. I have NO idea where I hear such things. Maybe it was around the kitchen table during a Scrabble game in Milford.

LadyTulip said...

** What a great show, and how wonderful that Shirley Jones is STILL acting!! AND - you get to go see the show! **

I was a theater major WAYYY back in the day, and I just love these wonderful musicals...I've no doubt you'll have a GREAT TIME!!

L.