Tuesday, November 3, 2009

a new challenge

My newest project was sparked by our President's challenge quilt for this year. We are to make a 40 by 50 inch quilt using what we already have on hand. No buying anything NEW. Well, I have been going through my fabric stashes for the last month and I must say that I do have an impressive amount of yummy material.

I plan on making the challenge quilt (two sided) BUT I also want to make a king size quilt for my bed. So for the last couple of days I have been arranging my squares in color combinations.


...so far...

...I have put together 244 blocks...
...using 488 different prints.
...no repeat patterns.

And I thought my memory was failing me. I know by the end I will have a couple repeats here and there but it will be hard to spot. I keep finding more fabric here and there in boxes and under beds, it's like finding a hidden treasure. DH found two big plastic bins in the attic last weekend...more fun to be had!
...sew something pink today!



8 comments:

tascha said...

WOW!!!!!! Look at all those amazing fabric squares! That quilt is going to be awesome!

Kim Mailhot said...

Wow ! What agreat collection ! You are sure to have some spectaular quilts out of that. And just think, once you have used them up for those projects, you can start collecting more !;)

suze said...

Thanks Tascha and Kim.
Can you say fabriholic??

Joanne said...

Hi Suze! WOW, love, love, love all the fabric! Don't have your email but I wanted to suggest a book to you (if you haven't already seen it)..Stitch Alchemy by Kelli Perkins. I think you would love it and I can imagine the projects you would create!

Tara's Art Camp said...

ooooh, I just love the polka dot fabrics!

PennyBlue said...

miss you and your awesomeness! Gonna add you to my new blog links...go by my blog and check out the new digs! Happy Wednesday!

suze said...

Hi Joanne,Thanks for the tip on the book and yes I do have that book.
Tara, I am also a polka dot collector. I have a whole box of them.
Blue, I am coming over for a visit.

Suze
forgot to sign in.

Jacky said...

It's scary just how much fabric we actually have!!! I dont dare!

Wonderful idea and I look forward to seeing your quilts in progress.

Jacky xox