Friday, March 7, 2008

a little ad

On Wednesday I started to dye these strings and threads. I used inks to dye them and it gave them a strong texture. Then.......
I used them to make a little advertisement for my upcoming class at the Paper Crown. I used one of those little notebooks you get at the dollar store for the base. Then I tied on a bunch of stamped tags. This is the front, and......

this is the back. On the top I tied on some yarns and a bit of dyed cheesecloth. Now on to the studio pic for the day.


This is the lighted garland that hangs over my sewing machine and provides quite a bit of extra light. The little doll is made of silk and I just colored her pink using a dye pen.
Have an artful weekend and I will be back tomorrow with another picture.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze: FABULOUS !!! I love it -your little book is wonderful. I love altering dollar store board books and your little journal book is sooo neat. I'll have to try your dying technique too, see, I'm all inspired and can't wait to get into my workroom today - yippppeeee : ) I think you posted you've been playing with the alcohol inks, have you used the Tattered Angel Glimmer Inks yet ?? if not, WAIT TILL YOU DO, unbelievabley FUN FUN FUN : )
Love & blessings, Sandra in AZ

JBMolina said...

ooooooooh. This garland is dreamy!